Monday, July 28, 2008

Weekend

It was nice. Darren didn't have to work, but we couldn't leave Brooks, since he was on call. We were able to get all the laundry done on Saturday (and that was a lot of laundry)! In the afternoon we went for a walk to Evergreen Park to check out the Medieval fair. It was pretty cool seeing a bunch of people dressed up for the day. I thought it would have been cooler if they all talked as though they were living in that time. But I guess I can't have everything :).





Sunday was an off day. We went to church and Darren decided that he was taking me out for lunch. I was feel run down and tired but I let him take me out. I had a salad with salmon which tasted wonderful. After we ate, we went grocery shoppping. I picked up some more fruits and veggies. I couldn't decide what new food I wanted to try to cook this week so I didn't pick up anything "new". I did pick up some tofu, so I need to find a recipe that I can use it....





We decided to get some ice cream, Darren wanted DQ but I thought why don't we try the ice cream place on 2nd street, (I can't remember the name) and it was wonderful! The serving was a little too big for me but I was able to have praline's and cream. It has been a LONG time since I have had a nice scoop of real ice cream.





We got back to the aprtment and Darren's aunt called. I decided to lay down with my book and fell asleep for a couple of hours. We went for a walk later in the evening when it cooled down, we walked by a house that we are interested in looking at to buy. Hopefully we are able to look at it tonight or tomorrow. The price is good and it was built in 2000. The only thing is that it has yellow, yes yellow walls!


But they can be painted. Crossing my fingers hoping that it is nice as we are expecting. If it works out we will be able to have a home to call our own!!!

This is my first day by myself at work for a 2 week stretch, the longest I have been left alone since I started. Cross fingers and knock on wood that nothing terrible happens!!!


1 comment:

  1. Love the quote!

    Have you been able to set up a time to look at the house? So exciting:)

    ReplyDelete