Friday, September 19, 2008

Today is the day

Well today is the day that we get possession of the house. I think we are waiting to hear from the lawyers. I am a little anxious, but that's only because my sweet husband had to go out of town for work and we don't know when he will return. So, he has to miss that important moment of walking through the door for the first time together, and how is he suppose to carry me over the threshold if he's in Cold Lake ;).

Tomorrow my brother and Andrea are going to help take my stuff from there place (that's where I was living before Darren and I got married). Finally I will be able to sleep in my nice big queen sized bed again!!! We have been sharing his twin bed for the last two weeks, nice and cozy.

We are going to pick up my washing machine and anything else we can find from the storage unit on the farm. Mom and Dad are bringing a truck full of my things that I had to put in storage for the last 5 years. I wonder what is in those boxes......

I was going to paint the bedroom but I don't know if there will be time... and Darren and I didn't quite decide on a color we both wanted in the bedroom, I'm thinking neutral and accessorize with color but he wants "COLOR".... I guess this will be one of the many decision will have to compromise on. I did agree to let him have a red/black feature wall in the living room. But we aren't going to paint that till he has time to help.


My home is not a place, it is people.
Lois McMaster Bujold, "Barrayar", 1991

No comments:

Post a Comment