Thursday, April 30, 2009

FF vanilla soy milk

I have found a new favorite for my oatmeal.
This is my normal recipe:

1/3 cup Quick oats
1 cup of frozen unsweetened mixed fruit or 1 apple
1 banana and 1tsp vanilla extract (if using mixed fruit)
1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce and cinnamon(if using apple)
1/2 cup skim milk

I put everything in a Tupperware and take it to work. When I get to work I take the lid off and lay it loosely on the top (to avoid splatter) and microwave for 4-5 minutes. It's so easy and gets me through the morning.

I have substituted FF vanilla soy milk for the skim milk and it is FANTASTIC!

I am able to enjoy eating my breakfast at my desk. (It gives me 30 minutes more sleep in the morning, which is always good!)

2 comments:

  1. If you throw all that together the night before and put it in the fridge, you would only need about 30 seconds to heat it. The oatmeal soaks everything up overnight. True story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm, might have to try that! I never thought of the night before....thansk fo rthe tip! :)

    ReplyDelete