Monday, June 22, 2009

Weekend

It was a pretty GREAT weekend.

Friday night was Relay for Life, Darren and I stayed up all night (well Darren had a 20 minute catnap). We estimated we walked for 9-10 hours out of the 12 hours. Next year we will get a pedometer to track the distance. I knew if I sat down and rested them I wouldn't get back up. The worst times were between 11pm-1am and 4:30am-5:30am. I managed to make my way through it!

The emotions that you go through listening to peoples stories and seeing the survivors walk. Touching and moving! The experience of that night was something I would like to experience again. It was a wonderful cause and I felt like I was making a difference. Thanks again for all this people that pledged us!

We are going to walk again. I will make sure to drink more water next year. For some reason my body didn't want to drink anything or eat anything.

When we got home at 7:30am the next morning we weren't really tired but decided to lay down for a bit. We had a 3.5 hour nap and then got up and drove to the Hat. We picked up a Father's day present and I finally picked up a birthday/baptism (anniversary) present for my niece. We went over to Mom and Dad's and ended up napping for 2 hours before supper.

The next morning we got up feeling better, little sore, and enjoyed spending the day with Dad.

Goals for today:
1) WATER
2) Hour of exercise.
3) get to bed early ;)


We don't know who we are until we see what we can do.
Martha Grimes

No comments:

Post a Comment