Monday, July 27, 2009

Food of the week

We went to the Hat yesterday on a spontaneous whim. It was a little out of normal for me to get and go without even having an idea floating around. Darren suggested a movie and Japanese food. We couldn't' find anything that we really wanted to see and didn't end up having and Japanese food. Oh well the day wasn't a total bust.

Mom took us to Costco and we picked up some we needed essentials. My favorite is the strawberries! We found a book by Eric Carle called The Greedy Python. I usually really enjoy his books. The art is always beautiful! Yet, reading this story I was a little disturbed, basically the python eats every animal in sight, including an elephant, throws them all up and proceeds to eat it's own tail until there is nothing left.... I don't think I will share this story with my future children, unless I want to give them nightmares.


Oh, back to the food of the week. Mom and I hit Superstore after supper and I just love the selection of fruits and veggies they have! I have decided this week to see what I can do with... RADISHES
If anyone has any ideas please let me know.


I also got a great deal on red and yellow peppers and am thinking of making stuffed peppers (I'm not a pepper fan but have told Darren I would at least try a bite of each to see if I will like them) or maybe I'll make a red and yellow pepper stuffed with goat cheese....hmmmm the recipe looks yummy...

Off to the lake again tonight, not to sure what to have for supper, but probably should use the ground turkey that I took out of the freezer.

I care not so much what I am to others as what I am to myself.
Michel de Montaigne (1533 - 1592)

No comments:

Post a Comment