Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Bad news

It's tough receiving bad news.... I wish there was an easy way of dealing with it.

A couple of weeks ago Grandpa went to the Doctor to look at his lungs. We found out this week (Mom called me today) that he has black dots which are cancerous. We aren't to sure what will happen or how bad it is, but it's not a nice thing to hear.

I already had a grandpa pass away from cancer (he had colon (cured), skin (cured), brain (not cured)). It was rough seeing him go through all the treatments and seeing him like that. He was in his early 60's.

Grandpa just turn 79. Both him and Grandma have aged a lot in the last couple of years. When I think about them, I always picture how they were when they were on the farm and I was 10. Anyways, as it stands now we don't have a lot of information, Dad went over there for a visit today, hopefully to get a little more information.

I ate 1/4 of a chocolate bar sitting at my desk, thinking it would make things feel better. Even though I know it won't. I will have to figure out a release for this emotion...

Made baked french onion soup last night. It was fabulous! I do it in a big pot instead of individual pots. We then scoop a serving into our bowls.

No comments:

Post a Comment