Monday, May 10, 2010

Productive weekend

It was exciting to find out Darren didn't have to work, so he was able to come to the Hat with me on Saturday. We did a little shopping, Costco, Sears, Home Depot and then headed over to my sister's. We decided to make them supper. We bought some chicken drumsticks, steaks, carrots, zucchinni, and salad. we cooked everythign on the BBQ(except for the salad). It was really good. For dessert we had Cinnamon Buns, yummy! There was some left overs for them to have so they don't need to cook for one or two meals. 

Josie was able to go home Saturday afternoon! The doctor was initially saying maybe Sunday or Monday. We got to meet baby Khloe Emily Kristine Holloway. She is adorable. A full head of hair. It is such a calming feeling to hold a newborn. 

On the way home, I got to thinking about am I ready for this. It's different when they come out. I have a little anxiety. Darren's been really good in making me feel better about things. 

On Sunday we went to the early service. We stopped at Safeway and picked up a few groceries. Darren decided to spoil me a little bit and make brunch. He made a wonderful meal of french toast( fresh strawberries, blackberries and whipped cream on top) and sausage. It was really good. I finished up the laundry and we snuggled a bit and talked. We both ended up have a nap (mine was a little longer than Darren's). After getting some rest we decided to tackle the spare room. We knew we needed to get the crib out of the back entrance so it isn'ta s cramped to get in and out of the house. We cleared out the spare room, futon went downstairs, end table/filing cabinet downstairs and all the baby things into the living room. (Darren did all the heavy lifting, what a good husband).  I was able to wash the floor and we put the rug back into the room.  Right now the crib is laying in pieces on the floor but at least it's a start. We will probably build it tonight and I'll move some stuff back into the room.

I have a better idea of what I need in that room, a dresser(we are painting my old one), a book shelf, a closet organizer and blinds.

We made  a list of things to get done before the long weekend. It was nice to get a jump on getting some of it started.

No comments:

Post a Comment