Thursday, August 26, 2010

Terrible

There has been so many terrible stories in the news for the last month about babies.  The most recent one and the one that got me thinking is about the 7 week old that was orphaned when both parents were killed in a car crash.  It got me thinking about what if something happened to Darren and me? Who would take care of Maria? Would there be a fight between our two families? The other thing is we don't have a nice picture of the three of us together, or a recent one of me and her.  We are now thinking about making a will. We already have life insurance. And this weekend we will take a nice picture of the three of us, since we will be dressed up for Rylan's baptism.

(The other two stories had to do with mistreatment of the babies to cause death.  One was 24 days old and the other was 18 months, there has been charges for manslaughter for each case)

On a happier note. Maria is sleeping much better at night. I am getting 4 hours of consecutive sleep 5 out of 6 nights! It feels so good to wake up rested.

It felt great to go to the Hat yesterday. I worked on some stamping (with help from my two year old niece). I left Maria with Mom & Dad and was able to go to Superstore to get some groceries. 

I finally took out my yoga DVD and did some yoga. I'm not going to lie, it was tough.  If I continue everyday then maybe my body will be limber again. I'm slowly working my way to more intense workouts. Maria and I also went for a walk this afternoon, she of course didn't sleep. Tonight for supper I am going to make chicken enchiladas. With carrots and cucumbers on the side. 

Pictures:
Didn't know how to flip it.

1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh, she is the most precious thing I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete