Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Healthy Habits

So, I thought I should post a picture that shows a before. I will have to find a recent picture to show how far I have come. When this picture was taken I weighed 160- 162ish. This was taken July 2007 and I stayed this weight for another 8 months. I started WW half way through 2008. Right now I have lost 11.5 pounds. My goal is 20lbs.

I had enough of looking at pictures of myself and not liking what I see. I also had gone to the doctors (it was well over due) and found out that I had HIGH cholesterol. After receiving that news I knew it was time for a change.

Darren's aunt is a life time member of weight watchers and her story is very inspiring to me. I believe she lost 100lbs in a year and looks amazing. A friend of mine was also telling me about the online program and how she was doing with it. That's when I decided to join.

I had a slow and rocky start. I wasn't following the Canadian food guidelines and was still eating empty calories. I started to research what can help to bring down my cholesterol and incorporate those choices into my diet. Most of my mornings consists of a bowl of oatmeal with apple and cinnamon. Some times I mix it up with different fruits. We don't eat out as much and when we do it is a special treat.

I also started to walk to work (waiting for it to get nice again) and I try to spend at least 30min a night doing Turbo Jam or jogging. I am wanting to add more activity into my days, especially weekends. During the summer, Darren and I are going to go hiking and hopefully try kayaking and/or white water rafting.

I am due to make another doctors appointment and will in the near future. Then I will update my decreasing cholesterol numbers. :)




If you're afraid to let someone else see your weakness, take heart: Nobody's perfect.
Besides, your attempts to hide your flaws don't work as well as you think they do.
Julie Morgenstern, O Magazine, April 2004

No comments:

Post a Comment