Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Talent: Something to think about....

My cousin has the most beautiful voice. In the past year she has been taking voice lessons and the difference is unbelievable. She is singing in the Music Festival. Last night she sang an Andrew Lloyd Webber song, it was beautiful. I can't remember the song... I think it had something to do with remember me from Phantom......

Tonight she is singing a Italian song that I heard last week and WOW. The way her voice sounds when she is signing that is amazing. She is also singing to other songs I haven't heard of. Tomorrow night she is singing Memories from Cats, and when I heard it last week, it was soo emotional.

Watching her, it got me thinking about "talent". What is talent? Does everyone have one? How do you know what your talent is?

I wouldn't say I have a talent that is the run of the mill sort of thing like singing, dancing, drawing, writing, cooking or playing sports etc...... I've been told that I have a talent of making people smile.

I thought about this, and I do agree. It just doesn't seem like a "talent". I have always wished to have something that people would be amazed with. That they would oooooh and ahhhhh about. But coming back to reality, I tend to be more rounded and enjoy doing to many things to make ONE a priority.

I guess a big part of a talent is that it needs to be something that you enjoy and have a great passion for.

Everyone has talents, I challenge you to find yours :)


Use what talents you possess:
the woods would be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best.
Henry Van Dyke

No comments:

Post a Comment