Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Turning 3-0

Well I made it through the day without any mishaps. The only thing I had to fight a little with was a stupid headache that wouldn't go away all day.

We went to Medicine Hat on Sunday for dinner. Mom made sweet and sour meatballs and Angel Food cake! There was a pretty big gathering with Grandma, Grandpa&ma, my sister and her clan, my brother and fiancee and a uncle. The Food was wonderful, the visit was wonderful and I was exhausted by the time we got home that night.


Grandma quilted me this wonderful table runner! I have put it on my dinning room table and it looks so nice!

Did you notice the bangs...? I am enjoying having a slightly different look. Darren was looking through old pictures of us when we were younger and says I haven't really changed all that much, especially now I have bangs again.

I have new goals this week. Since I over ate this last weekend, my weigh wasn't what I wanted to see.
1) Eat veggies and fruits
2) Drink my milk servings
3) Drink my water (at least 8 glasses)
4) Get some more activity in... I started walking to work again so that will help.
5) Limit my snacking.... and if I need to snack pick a healthy choice not carbs or salt filled snacks.

Today's yummy menu is:

Breakfast: my regular oatmeal with berries
Lunch: Popcorn(1 tbsp of butter), carrots, apple with 1tbsp peanut butter
Supper: Chicken Breast coated with parsley, and other green herbs that I feel like stuffing it with , spinach with a raspberry dressing, and I found a yummy recipe for roasted sweet potatoes and cilantro.
Snack: If I jog for 30 minutes I can have 1/2 cup of ice cream with a bunch of blueberries, but only if I jog.

Time sneaks up on you like a windshield on a bug.
John Lithgow

No comments:

Post a Comment