Monday, March 30, 2009

Well it's Monday...

So I finally got my new glasses. I will post a picture soon. I look pretty mod with my hair straightened with bangs. I look in the mirror and was impressed that I looked that cool, almost too coool..... http://www.inface.com/ but unfortunately my glasses weren't shown...



We enjoyed our day in Calgary and were sorry we didn't have time to see anyone. We spent awhile at Darren's sisters place and spent some quality time with our niece and nephew. They are getting to be so big! I think I riled them up a little too much. oops....

We ended up finally picking our dining room table! No chairs yet (we have to save up for that investment). http://www.canadel.com/tables.php?lang=en&section=321 and chose the color spice. It's going to look really nice. We just have to wait at least 12 weeks before it arrives. We made a trip to Ikea to see if we could price out 4 chairs to match with this table, until we can afford the ones that actually go with the table. We have an idea of what we want now.

For supper we tried a new restaurant that we haven't been to yet called Avocado. It's a smallish Mexican restaurant in the Ikea area. I had a lime marinated steak and it was fabulous! I would have never of thought to put lime and steak together! As we were sitting and enjoying the view, April happens to walk by with a bubble tea. We weren't able to catch her but let her know we saw her after the fact. After we finished at Avocado, we went outside and both were feeling like bubble tea. So we went two doors down and ordered a Mango bubble tea. Mmmmm it was sooooo good. We also stopped at Starbucks and Darren treated me to a Skinny Vanilla Latte (I hadn't had one of those in over 2 months!)

We arrived at the Calgary Philharmonic early enough to park right in the parkade under it. (Which I have to say was very nice and easy to get out of) We were lucky though that I keep spare change in the car to pay for the parking.... cash only there ;).

The concert was good. Not overly spectacular but enjoyable. I wish we could have dressed up more. But with all the running around we were doing it didn't make much sense.

The next concert is the Video Game Live and I don't know what I am going to wear, Darren thinks I should dress in custom of one of his favorite video game characters but I'm not comfortable with what I would have to wear in public. In a photo shot I would be more than happy
but not going to the philharmonic. :)
http://www.videogameslive.com/index.php?s=home I'm not hard core enough! But it will be cool to see others dress up. If I were to dress up I would want to go as a character from Final Fantasy. I like them all... I love Yuna's dress, love Rikku's character and love Lulu's attitude. Maybe that's what I will aim for for Halloween......

So today was my weekly Weigh In, I am down 1.2 lbs!! Yeah! I followed the Canada's food guide and limited my salt and sugar intake. I also didn't snack in the evening after 8pm. I'm going to do the same thing this week except add a little more exercise to the routine.


I was listening to Darren play his guitar yesterday and learned that some of the songs that I thought he was covering was actually songs he had written. I wish there was a coffee shop in Brooks that he could go and play so others can enjoy his music.










I trust that everything happens for a reason, even when we're not wise enough to see it.
Oprah Winfrey (1954 - )

3 comments:

  1. I would love to hear Darren play!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll let him know! It was cool knowing that some of the songs he usually plays were his own and not covers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete