Monday, April 20, 2009

Exhausted

So it was a exhausting weekend. On Saturday was our staff appreciation day (from 8:30 to 7:30, we had to drive an hour to get there and back so really I was up at 6:15am and didn't get home until 8:45pm), or for a better description, staff learning day, with food supplied. There were a few prizes given out but I didn't win anything. I did receive a fleece vest and learned all about negotiating. The bonus is in this office, we automatically get our birthday off work. I thought that was a sweet deal because I don't like working on my birthday anyways!!

The food was good. We had soup, sandwich and fruit salad for lunch. Rib roast, potatos, pop overs, and roasted veggies for supper. And for dessert: plain cheese cake that we could put vanilla, chocolate or caramel sauce on (I was only able to eat half my piece).

Yesterday I slept in and it was a fantastic deep sleep. I haven't slept that solid in a long time. It felt great, but I was ruined for the rest of the day. I thought about jogging or going for a walk but my head and body were not agreeing.So the only thing productive I did yesterday was the dishes and made supper for Darren.

I'm thinking tonight I should be able to get that sanding done. Maybe we will pick up a shop vac tonight so we can get rid of the dust.

Goals for the day:
1) No added sugar, I have had too much last week.
2) Watch my sodium level
3) Get addition 30 minutes of activity in, I walked to work today
4) Sand the rest of the room, so we can wash the walls and prime tomorrow.


God doesn't require us to succeed; he only requires that you try.
Mother Teresa (1910 - 1997)

No comments:

Post a Comment