Monday, April 6, 2009

Feeling sick is no fun at all

Saturday was such a productive day. I'll add pictures later on how the room. looks. We slept in a bit (not as long as I would have liked but Darren has turned into an early bird). After a lot of discussion the previous week we finally had chosen a color for the spare bedroom. We thought what a great place to start and practice our painting skills.

We headed to Lutes building supplies and I was in dream land with the selection of tiles and flooring's available! The help we got form the girl was amazing! We loaded the truck up with new paint supplies.

The first step was to get that dang UGLY wall paper off the wall. (I kept a sample to show people how horrible it was) We worked for 3 hours tearing off the paper and got just over half of the room done. We would have kept going but by that time I needed to get ready to go for supper with Stacey (haven't seen for over 2 months) and Darren had to clean up the living because he had a couple of guys coming over to watch the Vancouver/Edmonton game.

I got home from supper just before the boys arrived and was feeling okay. Two hours later I was feeling horrible. I felt very nauseous. There has been the flu running around the family but they are all in Medicine Hat....granted I saw my sister last week. I finally was able to fall asleep but was up every other hour thinking I needed to get to the bathroom. False alarms....

I woke up yesterday morning feeling exhausted but thought I felt good enough to head to church. I should have stayed home. I had trouble standing for the amounts of time we needed to be standing and to top it off it was communion Sunday.

When we got home I curled up on the couch with my pillow and favorite blankets. I ended up sleeping for 3 hours. Darren had drank one too many coke's and had so much energy that he finished the wallpaper removal himself.

The room looks fabulous and we haven't even painted yet.

Today was weigh in,
I am down 1.6 pounds and am sitting at 146.8. That's the most ever in one week. I have a feeling some of it has to do with the lack of appetite yesterday (I did eat towards the end of the day)

Goals for the day:
1) Make sure I am putting something nutritious in my stomach.
2) Drink 2 L of water
3) I walked to walk today so I will get 30 minute of activity today. I don't think I will be able to do additional activity tonight.


We spend most of our time and energy in a kind of horizontal thinking. We move along the surface of things [but] there are times when we stop. We sit still. We lose ourselves in a pile of leaves or its memory. We listen and breezes from a whole other world begin to whisper.
James Carroll

No comments:

Post a Comment