Thursday, July 9, 2009

MMMmmm good food is wonderful!

It's been a long week.....

Last weekend was wonderful! Darren and I headed to Calgary on Saturday, we walked around Kensington and I bought a cool pair of dressy jeans! (well Darren bought me the cool set of jean because I didn't bring my wallet with me)

We stopped in Bernard Callebaut http://www.bernardcallebaut.com and bought an assortment of chocolate. Last but not least we stopped in to a cheese shop and bough a chunk of cheese to share, I can't remember the name.... but it was a smokey gouda. It was melt in your mouth delicious!


We met Jen at Globefish for supper and had an orgasmic sushi experience!! It was soooo good! http://www.globefish.ca/ We are never disappointed when we go there.


After supper we headed to watch Transformers (it was okay, but not great). We were going to try to catch Up as well but we missed it by 15 minutes. We said our goodbyes and Darren and I were heading back home. As we were driving out of the parking lot we saw Ryan, Eric and Nat, they convinced us to go to the 10:40 show of Public Enemies, (Johnny Depp was great in it, but the movie could have been done a lot better, I am glad I saw it though). We got out of the movie around 1:30, decided not the spend the night and drove home. We arrived home around 3:35am. My body doesn't like those late nights.

Sunday we puttered around the house cleaning, recycling and making a plan for supper meals for the week.

Which are:
Monday: Jerk Chicken with Mango Salsa, and with wild rice
Tuesday: Left overs ( Uncle Verner's funeral was in the afternoon, I did really well and only had one sweet treat), and banana mini loaf

Wednesday: Salmon with dill/maple syrup and sour cream sauce, boiled potatoes, and steamed broccoli
Thursday: Homemade turkey burgers, beet salad
Friday: Thai meatballs, with Whole wheat rice noodles and stir fried veggies
Saturday: Leftovers if any, Tuna Melts, veggies
Sunday: Same as day before....

Most of the recipes I got from the Looney Spoons cookbook.

Darren is super excited knowing what he is going to come home to enjoy. We have been eating at the table and it feels all grown up!

I should exercise a bit more this week but just haven't been feeling up to it. I'm going to try tonight.

Oh and the BEST NEWS of all, I finally found my wedding ring!! It had fallen in between the night table and bed. It was only two weeks of missing it....

If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.
J. R. R. Tolkien (1892 - 1973)

No comments:

Post a Comment