Wednesday, August 5, 2009

I did it, and I liked it

So I finally did it.

I read the first Harry Potter book and am going to start the second tonight. A little back ground.... I worked at Chapters for 8 years and never read Harry Potter. I worked those busy days that the new books were released but never really wanted to read them, no matter how much everyone told me they were SO good. Now that the series is finished and Darren's copies are sitting nicely on the bookshelf, I thought " hmmmm, I need a light read......I guess I'll try Harry Potter."

I did enjoy the book. It was hard to put down ones I started to read it. I had know the story a little for this one because I did watch the first movie. So, Chamber of secrets will be interesting since I haven't seen the movie.

There are so many people that I talk to that could never believe that I hadn't read the series the whole time I was working in the bookstore... I usually told them I hate waiting for the next book in the series, and there was sooo much hype on the books that I couldn't read them.

There aren't amny books that Darren and I have both read, it'll be nice to be able to say we have both read the same book.

"Dumbledore: It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but a great deal more to stand up to your friends. "

No comments:

Post a Comment