Monday, August 10, 2009

Monday Aug 10/09

Friday we had some friends over to watch "Les Triplettes de Belleville". It was a pretty cool movie. I really enjoyed the animation and the story was fun. (I would recommend it )

Darren requested that I make some cookies. So after work on Friday I got out the trusty mix master (I adore it) and made chocolate chip cookies out of the Betty Crocker cookbook (I added some slivered almonds). Everyone was RANTING over these cookies. I ate three too many ;), but I think it was worth it. Darren always likes a homemade cookie, but he was in love with these ones! I will have to make them again and maybe freeze them in small portions, so the whole batch doesn't get eating in one weekend.

Yesterday we went over to our Aunt and Uncles house to celebrate Kayley's 16th Birthday! I can't believe she is already 16! I remember holding her when she was a baby a couple of days old! CRAZY!

In the evening Dad and Mom stopped by. Dad helped Darren install a ceiling fan in the spare bedroom. We both loved the fan, it is a very beautiful fan, but weren't sure if it would work in the spare room. After we put it up and were able to see how it looks. We have both agreed it works in the room, we do wish we could raise it a couple of inches higher, but it happens.

Tonight I am going to make balsamic vinegar chicken with wild rice, and SWISS CHARD (which is the ingredient of the week). I think I am going to saute it with some garlic. olive oil, red wine vinegar, oregano and salt and pepper. I can't wait!


The art of being wise is the art of knowing what to overlook.
William James (1842 - 1910)

No comments:

Post a Comment