Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Old houses

I finished painting the basement room. I started to move my craft stuff into the room. It is fantastic to have a space for my things!!! We took apart the computer desk and computer moved them downstairs. We put the desk back together and started to reconnect the computer again. Then we hit a problem. Our power bar has 3 prongs sticking out of it and our outlet only has two holes. We need to up date the outlet ASAP because we aren't moving that desk again. I thought well if I could find an extension cord we could us the outlet by the washing machine for now.Well, the only extension cord I could find is an old school 2 prong and 2 hole. Good thing Dad is coming this week to work on the garburator, I can get him to look at the plugs too.

(These are the after shots before all the furniture went in, I finished off the paint we used upstairs, that why it's the same color. It feels very calm in there. Note my new desk I bought at Ikea. Simple sturdy and perfect for a cutting table. I filled up the shelves with stamps and stuff. I am going to be adding a peg board to hang my scissors, rulers and eventually ribbons. Darren's desk is going in the blue corner, the desk fits perfect!)

It was soup day today, I had a yummy chicken noodle soup with tuna warp
and apple (a little peanut butter) on the side. It was good but maybe too much food. I am feeling awfully full right now. Tonight is leftover stir-fry.
There is a bible study starting up starting tonight that has to do with faith in a busy world. We are hoping to go to the study. It sounds like something we can identify with now and it's only going to get busier.
The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't
be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it.
Harry Emerson Fosdick (1878 - 1969)

1 comment: