Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Cake

I am joining my sister in a cake decorating class running on Tuesday nights in Medicine Hat for the next 4 weeks. We are suppose to bring two 8 inch cakes and a beginners cake decorating kit. I went home last night and looked for a recipe in the Purity cookbook. I found a pretty easy basic white cake recipe. I plugged in my handy dandy Kitchen Aid mixer and mixed the cake batter. I poured the batter into two 8 inch round pans (thank goodness Darren owned some cake pans.... I don't know if he used them though....). I placed them in the oven and waited.

They turned out perfect! Well, they LOOK perfect, I haven't tasted them yet. Darren had his fork in his hand ready to dig in. I had to slap it away. ;)

I am ready for the class. I'm not much of a baker or decorator... but maybe I might find a hidden talent.

My goal is not to eat the cake. I will bring them to work and share. Nothing like having 4 decorated cakes in one month to enjoy.

I am still convincing Darren that we should invest in a treadmill. I feel it will do both of us good to have some activity and it might be the easiest way from us to get it.

Over the Halloween weekend I did very well with the candy avoidance. I did have some on Saturday but other than that I kept my hands off . My weekly weigh in, I was down 0.4lbs, which brought me to 148.8... lowest since June. Hopefully I can keep up this trend!

No comments:

Post a Comment